With an ingrained passion for helping and treating others, Flight Nurses are dedicated care givers who wear many hats and are integral to providing quality care to the patients and communities we serve.
As a Flight Nurse, you will perform a wide range of specialized functions and complex, emergency assessments, diagnoses, therapies and more both within our rotor and fixed-wing operations and our ground ambulance transports. Our Flight Nurses are not only essential to our operations at PHI Air Medical, but they are leaders to many within our organization and are examples of the core values we hold.
Under the direction of the program’s Medical Director, our Flight Nurses are responsible for appropriate and accurate documentation for treatments during stabilization and transport, as well as the billing information of patient transports. They are also active leaders in supporting ongoing PR and marketing initiatives that help move our communities to health. Flight Nurses must maintain an active RN license and all certifications required by policy.
How Do I Become a Flight Nurse?
Do you feel a calling to serve your community and patients when they are at their most vulnerable? Do you lead with integrity and a sense of duty in your life and career? Flight Nurses are critical to our standard medical crew team and are motivated, disciplined leaders who create meaningful connections with our partners, patients and industry colleagues.
Think you have what it takes? Then we want you!
To become a Flight Nurse at PHI Air Medical, you must have:
- An active RN license to practice in the state employed.
- Minimum of three years (five years preferred) of current critical care/emergency experience.
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, and TNATC, TNCC, ITLS, or PHTLS. NRP preferred. Instructor certifications preferred.
- CFRN within twenty-four months of hire.
- Flight or transport experience preferred.
- Successfully complete the PHI Air Medical education/orientation program.
- Demonstrate effective human relations skills required for interfacing with all levels of personnel and external customers.
- Possess basic computer skills for e-mail, electronic charting, etc.
- Have the ability to communicate verbally, effectively and clearly in person and by radio.
- Understand and live out our company’s values, expectations and commitments both for the organization and individually.
Flight Nurse Salary Range
We know our valued employees are our greatest asset, which is why we offer a superior benefits package. The salary range for our Flight Nurses is based on region, certifications, and years of flight experience and critical care experience.
Eligible Flight Nurse Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Life/AD&D Insurance Plans
- Disability Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Critical Illness
- Legal Services
- Pet Insurance
- Home and Auto
Flight Nurse Height & Weight Requirements
Safety is top priority at PHI Air Medical and as such, below are the height and weight requirements for each of our Flight Nurses:
- Must be able to pass pre-placement physical exam including functional capacity exam (strength and flexibility assessment, including being able to lift up to 100 pounds), drug screening and background screen.
- Must maintain body weight below 215 lbs.
Why PHI Air Medical?
PHI Air Medical is the leading air ambulance provider in the United States. We transport more than 30,000 patients each year from more than 80 bases across the country, including in Arizona, California, Texas and Florida. With an unmatched safety record and the best aviation, medical and communication specialists in the field, we set the standard in the air medical industry.
When you join the PHI Air Medical team, you are joining a family. One that is focused on the health and safety of everyone and everything it touches, and one that is forward-thinking and evolving with our ever-changing world. If you have a true passion for being a part of change, growth and service to your community then we want you. Our Flight Nurses have access to continuing education opportunities, a competitive benefits package and the ability to grow within our organization.
Think you have what it takes? What are you waiting for – join us!